SUNDAY / DOMINGO

Girls Walking in the Rain (Perpetual Motion series) 

Oil and  acrylic on wood panel 140x70cm







# 7

                   Everybody laughs and sings and dances

I write about people who laugh and sing and dance.

I don't feel happy at all

I'm no worse or better off than I was ten minutes ago

I'm no worse or better off than I was ten years ago,

I don't feel happy at all.

Sometimes I telephone my ex-girlfriends

asking in between sobs what led me to lose them

they answer that it was me who left

it helps a little with this waiting.

I write things about people who laugh and sing and dance.

           everyone does it, people laugh and sing and dance.


-----------------------------------------// Orignal version below //


# 7

                   Todo el mundo ríe y canta y baila

yo escribo sobre gente que ríe y canta y baila

yo no me siento feliz, en absoluto

no estoy peor ni mejor que hace diez minutos

no estoy peor ni mejor que hace diez años,

no me siento feliz en absoluto.

A veces telefonear a mis ex-novias

preguntando entre sollozos que me llevó a perderlas

y que contesten que fui yo quién las dejó

me ayuda un poco con esta espera.

Escribo cosas sobre gente que ríe y canta y baila

           todos lo hacen, la gente ríe y canta y baila. 


 [De RESISTIR AL PRESENTEed Littera Libros, 2007]

Sobre este libro: LINK1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketch / Esbozo

HAND-ME-DOWNS / ROPA DE HERMANOS MAYORES