SATURDAY / SÁBADO














Portraits of David Ortiz (Perpetual Motion series) Acrylic on wood panel 40x55cm


       # 6

From this shore you can't see the sea.

You can never see the sea,

through the half-open doors

of this house that forgot

what I learned behind the windows,

these nights locked in bottles

like marvelous genies who are not my friends

turn the past of this house

a place of cold feet and naked bodies

that love each other looking for each other in the street

                                                            [like dogs in love.

                  

Everyone asks where is David now

that everyone is looking for him shouting in the streets?

I am here, in my barracks house,

reading yesterday's news in the papers,

                        [the Americans won again.

 

If we would sit down again

all together

to listen to the fog noises

on the bare shoulders of the city

you would be here with me too,

for all those who step in the rain

and get lost under the electric light.

 

My wife would also come and her lap

[soft like a water lily of dream and silver,

our little girl,

our muse to pay the rent

she wouldn't be the last either;

I'd like to have you all here.

 

When they come for me

I hope to have you all here

I know it hasn't all been good,

but if not, it wouldn't have been worth it.

 

And they all will see me, in my barrack house

among empty bookshelves and scattered books,

with my hurricane with a woman's name,

toasting to the bombings

with a bottle and a broken mouth,

without shouts or questions, what for?

When they call my name

I just want them to hear

their words.

My name.


-----------------------------------------// Orignal version below //


 # 6

 Desde esta orilla no se ve el mar.

Nunca se ve el mar,

por las puertas entreabiertas

de esta casa que olvidó

lo que yo aprendí ventanas adentro,

estas noches encerradas en botellas

como genios maravillosos que no son mis amigos

hacen del pasado de esta casa

un lugar de pies fríos y cuerpos desnudos

que se aman buscándose en la calle

     como perros enamorados.

                       

Todos preguntan ¿dónde está David ahora

que todos le buscan gritando por las calles?

Estoy aquí, en mi casa cuartel,

leyendo noticias de ayer en los periódicos,

            [los americanos ganaron de nuevo.

 

Si otra vez nos sentásemos

todos juntos

a escuchar el ruido de la niebla

sobre los hombros desnudos de la cuidad

también estarías tú aquí conmigo,

por todos aquellos que pisan la lluvia

y se pierden bajo la luz eléctrica.

 

Vendría también mi mujer y su regazo 

[ de agua como un nenúfar de sueño y plata,

nuestra pequeña,

nuestra musa para pagar el alquiler

tampoco sería la última;

me gustaría teneros a todos aquí.

 

Cuando vengan a por mí

espero teneros a todos aquí conmigo,

sé que no todo ha sido bueno,

pero si no, no habría valido la pena.

 

Y me verán todos, en mi casa cuartel

entre estanterías vacías y libros desordenados,

con mi huracán con nombre de mujer,

brindando por los bombardeos

con una botella y la boca rota,

sin gritos ni preguntas, para qué.

Cuando pronuncien mi nombre

sólo quiero que escuchen

sus palabras.

Mi nombre.


 [De RESISTIR AL PRESENTEed Littera Libros, 2007]

Sobre este libro: LINK1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketch / Esbozo

HAND-ME-DOWNS / ROPA DE HERMANOS MAYORES