LIKE GLASS SHARDS / COMO ESQUIRLAS DE CRISTAL

"I lied but I have been a good boy"
acrylic over wood panel 80x60cm, 2005



Her, with short hair in the ninety-seven,

tried with me and I wasn't enough for her either.

I found out

that the past always leaves good memories,

and even does it with horrible things.

 

II

Years later she would say she loved me

but it was a lie so that I would kiss her

and not be left alone

while somebody came to pick her up.

 

III

Twenty-one years in the midst of the dust

of a car skidding over village dirt,

the red dust sticking to her all over her body,

the sweat of a beautiful woman prey to her youth.

They invented the word summer for this moment.

 

IV

I think I fell in love

two or three times with her

until I gave up

[in an honest way.

 

V

I would like to write that sometimes I cry

and that I'm not sure if it's because of her

or for something else,

put my name at the end of it all

and pretend it's a farewell letter

that I lost some time ago. 



-----------------------------------------// Orignal version below //


 

Ella con el pelo corto en el noventa y siete,

probó  conmigo y tampoco le pareció suficiente.

Descubrí

que el pasado siempre deja buenos recuerdos,

y que incluso, lo hace con las cosas horribles.

 

II

Años más tarde diría que me quería

pero fue una mentira para que la besase

y no quedarse sola

mientras venían a recogerla en coche.

 

III

Veintiún años en medio de la polvareda

de un coche que derrapaba sobre tierra de pueblo,

el  polvo rojo pegándosele por todo el cuerpo,

el sudor de una mujer hermosa presa de su juventud.

Inventaron la palabra verano para este momento.


IV

Creo que me enamoré

dos o tres veces de ella

hasta darme por vencido

   [de una forma honrada.

 

V

Me gustaría escribir que a veces lloro

y que no estoy seguro de si es por ella

o por cualquier otra cosa,

poner mi nombre al final de todo

y fingir que es una carta de despedida

que perdí tiempo atrás.


[De HOMBRES EN SILENCIO, MUJERES SIN MAQUILLAJE, ed. Baile de Sol, 2015] 

sobre este libro: CRITICA- La Biblioteca de Alonso Quijano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketch / Esbozo

HAND-ME-DOWNS / ROPA DE HERMANOS MAYORES